So a few months ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by The Idle European. I meant to post a reply, but completely forgot about it until I was going through the comments on my blog… Oops.
As far as I know, the award if given to bloggers from other bloggers in an attempt to create a community of sharing different blogs. So here’s my (very belated) reply to The Idle Euopeans questions about myself.
1. What’s your favourite Pokemon?
I’m going to be honest with you guys here…. I have never owned a pokemon game (gasp!) I watched the series on and off as a kid, but never really played the games. So based solely on the most memorable pokemon, I’d go for Jigglypuff. I loved that little guy as a kid.
I’ve always been more than a Digimon fan though. I’ve recently gotten my little sister into the series, so we’ve been watching the first season from the beginning. I have much stronger feelings about Digimon, so here’s my favorite, Patamon.
2. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
– Publish a novel
– Go back to Disneyland
– Learn another language
3. Time to confess, do you still sleep with a soft toy?
Sometimes. And I regret nothing!
4. Who is your favourite super-villain?
I think my favourite right now is Loki. I bought the first few Agents of Asgard comic, and given that the first panel was him singing Wicked, it kind of bumped him up to my favourite.
5. Where do you see yourself in 60 years from now?
Eighty-one…. Well hopefully I’ll have achieved some of my bucket list by then.I honestly don’t know I tend not to plan too far ahead.
6. Who is your favourite author and why?
Definitely JK Rowling. I mean I took a class in her work while at university, so I’m pretty invested at this point.
7. Which celebrity do you lust for?
Yeah, no. I’m not really big on the lusting thing…
8. Which movement of architecture is your favourite?
I also know absolutely nothing about architecture. I like Ancient Grecian buildings though? I studied classical civilizations in college and we looked at the houses and temples from Pompei Ostia and Herculaneum, that was pretty cool.
9. What is your blogging sin?
Going weeks without posting anything. Sorry guys.
10. Were you traumatized by an animated character as a child?
I like to think that I was never really scared of tv when I was a kid. But there are a couple of instances where animated characters fully traumatized me.
Hugo, Barts siamese twin, from the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror screwed me over pretty bad. I have no idea why this episode freaked me out so much, watching it back its actually pretty tame, but it did and I was terrified to go in our attic for years after watching it.
Screweyes from ‘Were Back: A Dinosaurs Story’. This is a pretty cheesy kids film that not a lot of people remember, I posted a review of it here, which explains why he freaked me out and how his death was creepy as hell.
And this one didn’t happen until I was older, but the death of Nina in FMA is something which definitely traumatized me (along with most of the fandom). Both her and Hughes death are way too emotional for me, which sucks because they flashback to it in every opening and every other episode.
11. What is the meaning of life?
Don’t be a jerk to other people.
As I understand it, I have to nominate people and ask them eleven questions now. So since I dont really know many bloggers, I’ll just nominate two. Steph (Aspiration and Might) and Just Another Anime Fan, here are your questions:
1. If you could have any pet in the world, illegal or not, what would you get?
2. What was your favourite cartoon growing up?
3. Coolest thing you’ve ever been for Halloween?
4. What’s your dream job?
5. When it’s New Year’s, do you make New Year Resolutions and actually commit to them?
6. Which horror movie scared you the most?
7. Strangest food you’ve eaten?
8. Do you play an instrument?
9. Do you swear in front of your parents?
10. Someone offers you a chance at immortality. Do you take it?
11. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Good luck guys 🙂